‘What in the world is a Catalina Coupon?!’
Let me explain…
A Catalina Coupon is a coupon that is printed at the register when you check out. The neat little machine that gives you coupons good for your next shopping trip! But there are secrets about these coupons that most people don’t know, and most cashiers don’t know either..
When you receive a Catalina coupon in the right hand upper corner it usually states that this is a Manufacturer’s Coupon. This is where they become a golden ticket. Because they are a manufacturer’s coupon they are accepted ANYWHERE! Yes, that’s right, ANYWHERE.
If a store prints Catalina coupons, they will accept them.
The company prints their logo on any and all Catalina coupons that are printed from their stores, but because this is a manufacturer’s coupon you can redeem it at other stores and they will still get credit for them!
Example:
I bought Kool-Aid packets from Carrs/Safeway which were on sale for 20¢ a piece. I had received a Catalina coupon from Fred Meyer for 55¢ off when I bought ten of them.
When I gave the coupon to the cashier she told me I couldn’t use it because it said Fred Meyer on it. So I informed her that I had read the stores **Coupon Policies and called the manager ahead of time and they both stated they will accept them as long as the coupon said ‘Manufacturer Coupon‘ on it and was the exact same item as they had in their store.
When she swiped the coupon over the bar scanner it took the coupon no questions asked!
THIS WORKS!
**Be sure to read all store coupon policies and call the store if you have any questions or just to confirm that they will accept them. This will avoid any problems at the register ahead of time.
So this brings me back to the ‘Coupon Exchange’ at Fred Meyers. Is it worth it to take a couple of minutes to see what you can find? YES IT IS!!!
This basket is chucked full of unwanted and unused Catalina Coupons that can be redeemed at other stores and locations. They also have later expiration dates that will outlast a lot of coupons you ge in the newspaper so they're worth holding on to!
Take a few extra minutes and see what you find, I’ve gotten free items out of this basket on more than one occasion.
Happy Saving!
No comments:
Post a Comment